Applications have closed for 2018, but you can apply to be on the waitlist! Please scroll down…
The 2018 11th Downtown Hyattsville Arts Festival is operated by the Hyattsville Community Development Corporation (CDC). The Festival spans 3 city streets, will welcome an anticipated 5,000 visitors, and features over 100 artists and artisans in 5 media categories, alongside a music stage, food vendors, sponsors, community groups, and now for the second year, 20+ craft brewers. Festival promotion includes more than $10,000 of investments for advertising and marketing in print and online, direct mail, guerilla poster campaigning, email marketing and public relations.
The Festival exhibits a range of high-quality, multi-dimensional, visual works from across our region. We feature local Gateway Arts District artists and Hyattsville Community Arts Alliance artists, but welcome submissions from all Applicants. Acceptance to the festival will be based on the selection committee’s assessment of quality of work, appropriateness for the audience, and variety of media.
Our festival exhibitor participation is juried by a selection committee made up of art professionals. We appreciate how past exhibitors have helped the Hyattsville Arts Festival grow and thrive, and the Festival will acknowledge, honor and bolster those partnerships.
There are multiple ways for members of the community to participate. This form is for exhibitors (artists and artisans) only. Only original artwork, photography, handmade jewelry, handmade crafts, and creative literary arts are allowed. No commercial/corporate merchandise will be accepted, unless it is incredibly unique and environmentally friendly in nature.
If you are interested in participating but don’t fit these criteria, please use our non-artist vendor interest form or contact us to discuss sponsorship opportunities, advertising, or activity partnerships, and we will happily discuss them with you.
2018 Participation Fees
Our festival remains committed to our local artists. In order to better steward our investments in resources and staffing of the festival, where in previous years the CDC provided complimentary booths for participants, we are now offering a limited number of tents and tent weights for rental. Tents and tent weights will be available on a priority and then first-come, first-serve basis. Priority refers to exhibitors who are senior citizens or have a disability.
The base cost to participate in the festival is $100. All tents must be NFPA-701 certified. We want to thank our exhibitors for understanding this update, and the anticipated improvements it promises to our shared festival experience.
Our tent rental setup incurs a $50 rental fee. A table, tablecloth and 2 chairs will be made available only to exhibitors who are renting tents, at a $30 surcharge.
- Booth spaced 10′ x 10′ ($100)
- Booth with 10′ x 10′ Tent Rental ($150)
- Booth with Tent Rental and 6′ Table, 1 Black Tablecloth, 2 Chairs ($180)
- Share Half a Booth with Tent Rental and Table, Tablecloth, Chairs ($90)
If you are selected for participation, you will be invoiced for your booth fee. Do NOT send your booth fee until you receive notification that you have been selected for participation. Notifications will be sent on Friday, July 20th.
Important Application Dates:
- Online applications must be sent in by 6pm on Friday, July 13th, 2018
- Receive notification of acceptance on Friday, July 20th, 2018
- Submit Booth Participation Fee, with confirming paperwork and tent certification confirmation by 6pm on Friday, July 27th, 2018
- Please fill our exhibitor form below and hit submit.
- If you’re having trouble, you can open the form in a new window, or [print the PDF] and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember to e-mail our inbox at email@example.com with your materials as described below, or create a directory listing at MyGatewayArts.org